Welcome to Winters Home Services
Winters Home Services offers complete plumbing, air conditioning, and heating services, so that you are always comfortable in your home or office. We have experienced professionals to make sure everything is working properly so that you don’t have to worry about it.
Quality Plumbing Service
If you are in need of a plumbing service, then look no further. Whether it’s a small leak, frozen pipes, or a backed up sewer line, we can help. Only professional plumbers should handle your plumbing issues, no matter how big or small, in order to make sure your plumbing is functioning at its best. It is important to deal with every plumbing issue promptly to avoid further costly repairs in the future. Let our expert plumbers handle your plumbing repairs, installations, and maintenance to ensure that everything is in order.
Service your heater before the cold arrives
Before the seasons turn, it is a good idea to have a professional heating company service your heater to make sure it will be working properly when you need it. A comfortable room temperature is a must in your home or workplace, so we take care of your full heating needs. With just one phone call to Winters Company before the cold season begins, you can give winter a warm welcome. We will take care of your boiler and furnace repairs or replacements, new unit installations, and more.
Air conditioning solutions
Just as your heater should be checked before the cold arrives, so should your air conditioner before the heat does. Winters Company can make sure your air conditioner is cooling to its full potential, and not working too hard, so as not to raise your electricity bill. Our expert technicians can handle all of your residential and commercial air conditioning repairs, replacements, installations, and maintenance checks. For dependable air conditioning repairs, you can call Winters Company at any time of the day and we will be there.
Believe it or not, the advent of the toilet has saved more lives than any other invention in history. More than seat belts, vaccinations or any medical device. We often take toilets for granted and don’t take care of it properly.
That’s why we are going to give you some tips and knowledge on toilets, as well as some fun essentials that you can add to improve its performance and your well-being!
FAQ on toilet
1. Why is my water trickling through a toilet long after it’s been flushed?
Answer: A worn rubber flapper valve at the bottom of the tank is probably to blame. When you flush the toilet, the flapper lifts, letting water flow into the bowl. Try by jiggling the handle, but eventually this trick stops working! A faulty flapper valve can drive up water costs, and if the supply line is plumbed with warm water to prevent condensation, heating costs will go up too. Below is the typical flapper assemblies, but it also depends on the make and model of your toilet.
2. Why doesn’t water enter the bowl when I flush my toilet?
Answer: If the water supply turned on? Try removing the lid to the toilet tank and see if the chain or strap to the flapper is lose or broken.
3. Why is there condensation on the outside of my toilet tank? Is there a solution?
Answer: usually it’s the result of humid air in the room coming in contact with the cold tank. This happens often in the summer or in the winter. Couple things you would need to check.
- Is the toilet leaking? Constant exchange of fresh cold water in the tank can cause condensation to form.
- Do you have good ventilation in the bathroom? Maybe you need an exhaust fan.
- In winter, the condensation may be caused by using a humidifier on your heating system.
4. There is a ring of pinkish mold at the water line of my toilet.
Answer: usually it’s because of the damp conditions with hot and humid weather. The rim of the toilet bowl would need to be disinfected, and pour several cups of household bleach into the overflow pipe of the flush valve inside the tank.
5. How can I remove rust stains from my toilet bowl?
Answer: Try Iron Out or homemade recipe with cream of tartar. Sprinkle over the stain then cover the cream with paper towels. Saturate the paper towel with hydrogen peroxide and allow it to soak.
What NOT to flush down the Toilet
Bathroom wipes – these moist towelettes/baby wipes are marketed to be flushed like toilet paper, but they actually create clogs and backups in sewer systems!
- Condom – latex prophylactics are like kryptonite for septic tanks and sewage treatment plants!
- Cotton balls & swabs – Just because they are cotton, doesn’t mean they won’t father together in bends of the pipe, causing massive blockages!
- Pills and medications – They destroy bacteria, contaminate groundwater supplies and have terrible effects on wildlife downstream,
- Cigarette butts – Waste of water supply and releasing toxic chemicals in our water supply!
- Paper towels – They are not designed to break down I nwater like toilet paper!
- Dental floss – these strings are not biodegradable. Once flushed, they love to wrap themselves around other objects in the pipeline.
- Fats, oil and grease – Just like we stated in our Garbage Disposal 101, never dump any cooking fats in the drain. It seems like liquid when it’s hot, but at soon as the grease hits the drain, it cools and congeals, becoming one giant pipe-clogging monster.
- Cat litter – It is made from clay and sand, not a good combo to flush down the toilet! Cat waste also contains toxins and parasites that shouldn’t be in our water system.
- Disposal diapers – Diapers are made from toxic plastic designed to expand when in contact with water.
Clogged toilet? No problem, try our tutorial on “How to Unclog a Toilet”
Toilet Cleaning Tips
Hard Water Stains – Use Baking Soda and Vinegar! Pour a cup of vinegar into the toilet bowl and swish it around with a toilet brush. Let it sit for a minute. Then add 1 cup of baking soda to the toilet bowl and two more cups of vinegar right after. Let it sit for 10 minutes and use the toilet brush to swish and mix the solution onto any stains above the water line. Don’t flush the toilet just yet! Let the solution do its magic. Then you’ll be surprised how well it worked!
Fun Essentials that you cannot miss!
1. Kohler’s Purefresh scented and lighted toilet seat – no more odor and awkward embarrassments!
Kohler just launched this state-of-the-art toilet seat that will save us from our bathroom odor and embarrassments. With the deodorizing carbon filter in the Purefresh seat’s hinge that neutralizes odors, a quiet fan moves fresh air over the scent pack, boosting fragrance into the air. Not to mention that it lasts up to six months!
It require two D batteries to operate, along with the carbon filters, which cost only $6.99. Scent packs are sold three for only $7.99.
2. Touchless Toilet Flush Kit – make it an easy business!
No handle to touch means fewer germs to pick up or leave behind! Touchless flush is easy to install, just like how easy it is to use. Imagine how easy your “business” is with this no-touch flush technology!
3. Dual-flush toilets – powerful way to conserve water!
Offering the option to use only the water you need, dual-flush toilets can save the average family money on their water bill. They carry the WaterSense® label, which means they use 20% less water than a standard 1.6 gallon toilet while still meeting strict flushing performance guidelines. Two different flushes in one easy-to-use handle lets you save water without sacrificing performance.
We hope you find this informational. A golden rule for you appliances at home: be good to them, and they will be good to you. Treat your toilet with care, and it will treat you nicely. Let us know if you have any questions on your toilets!
Check out my interview, How to Keep Your AC Up and Running on Mass Realty, one of the top sites for Massachusetts homes for sale, including Plymouth, MA homes for sale. Mass Realty also services Rhode Island homes for sale and Vermont homes for sale.
Call Us Today For All Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning Repairs 617-776-5950