Summer is fast approaching and it’s the time for your annual central air conditioning start-up and inspection to be performed. An annual inspection helps to ensure the safety and operational condition of your AC equipment and catches minor problems that could lead to expensive repairs. Additionally, the annual inspection helps to ensure your home remains comfortable and safe, and reduces energy usage, saving you money!
We will visually inspect the following during an air conditioning system inspection:
- Check refrigerant levels
- Check electrical connections
- Check the motor and fan bearings
- Check burners and controls
- Check safety controls
- Check thermostat
- Test for Air Filter condition
- Free and balanced rotation of blower wheel
- Blower compartment and wheel clean
- Blower mounts and set screws are tights
- Wire connections are tight and insulation
- Blower motor amperage satisfactory
- Air temperature differential within tolerance
- Condensation drain and pump are ok
- Drain pan/coil surface clean
- Electrical wiring, connectors and insulation
- Amperage draw on condenser fan motor within spec
- Amperage draw on compressor within spec
- Evidence of leaks near line-set and connections
- Refrigerant level within spec
- Condenser coil clean
- Wire connections are tight/insulation acceptable
- Transformer voltage within tolerance
- Damper in correct seasonal position
- Water panel in satisfactory condition
- Drain line unclogged
Frequently Asked Questions
- Keep in mind that a cleanup or a tune up is different than an inspection. A cleanup and tune up involves a full cleaning of the entire AC equipment.
- Air conditioning systems should never leak refrigerant, if your refrigerant have a leak, they should be replaced.
- An air conditioning system startup and inspection is not just about safety, but preventive maintenance as well. It is about catching a problem before your air conditioner stops working in the middle of the hottest night.
If you’re in the Greater Boston, Metro-West, North Shore, and South Shore areas, call Winters Home Services 24/7 at 617-776-5950 to get your central air conditioning equipment a proper startup and inspection before the summer hits for just $79.